Jobs and applying for
them: Part 2
The job that I could potentially apply for is Games
designer. This is for a companys client. The studio is based in Soho, London.
The ad states that “They are looking for a games designer to work
side by side with the manager on new interactive TV/film concepts and projects.”
Job description
The job focuses on creating and writing in game design
mechanics that are both fun and innovative. The job also noted of the
expectation of game designers bringing their creativity and skills in a host of
situations with the willingness to raise the quality of work on the title that
they are working on.
Job
roles/responsibility
The primary responsibility of this job is to create design
documents detailing game mechanics core to the experience of the company’s
entertainment products.
Skills that I have for this job:
The skills that I already have for this job are;
The ability to design detailed game mechanics from inception
to completion.
The ability to work as a team, including artists and
programmers to fine tune these game mechanics.
An understanding of video game production;
Verbal and written communication skills
Diligence and attention to detail
A passion for console and PC games
An interest in designing experiences for younger audiences
Skills that I don’t have and can still learn.
All though I already pretty much have this skills that are
required for this job there are still some skills that I can still learn that
are still relevant to the job. The skills that I and still learn for this job
are;
Illustrator
Photoshop
Adobe InDesign
Other design programs.
Although this technically is and is not a skill ti learn for
the job it is required regardless. This is that I must have at least 2 years’
worth of experience in working within the video game industry.
Besides finding employers through advertisements another way
that you are able to meet a potential employer is at a games convention. Here,
a company will set up a stall where they have demos of their latest games in
development , then you can enquire about the job or alternatively companies
will go to these conventions to look for
people to hire.
No comments:
Post a Comment